Uk led

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Terryb

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Anyone heard of the UK Cricket, supposed to be an LED? My DM on a LA in Thailand had one, at least I think that's the name he used. Anyhow I was impressed with the lumens and size of the light. I have a UK HID and would prefer to move to the smaller light.

Cheers,

Could it be the UK Super Q ELED? I first saw it in use on a LA in Thailand and was impressed by the size / brightness.

Could be, it was black metal and about 5-6" long. It was quite bright for the size and was fully rechargeable. I s he Q Eled still available?

UK doesn't sell a light named Cricket.

The Super Q Eled is ABS plastic - Super Q eLED® Rechargeable Lithium Ion Dive Light » Underwater Kinetics

http://www.leisurepro.com/prod/UKTSQE.html?ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=UKTSQEYL

Another option - a Dorcy Super Flux (Cree led) is 1/2 the cost and more twice the output - 220 lumens vs. 90 for the Super Q. It's metal and small - fits in my Ranger's BC pocket. Not rechargeable though - alkalines.

Dorcy Dive II 220 Lumen Submersible LED Dive Light

If you want one, Piranha has a few cheaper at $42:
Penetrater 220 "Very LIMITED Special! ( 3 left) ", Piranha Dive Manufacturing

Or Amazon has last years model:
Amazon.com: Dorcy 41-1467 220 Lumen Super Flux LED Submersible Dive Light

I have one, it's a great light. Almost as powerful as my buddy's C4 eLed (275 lumens)

Diversteve,

Thanks for the info and the extra websites. Would you say that the Dorcy and Penetrator would compare in brightness and battery use to the Super Q?

I've never used a Super Q. But I have an UK SL4 eLED which is 26 lumens brighter. The Dorcy is about twice as bright - I compared them both u/w. The Dorcy also throws a very focused beam - watch the video on their website. The SL4 at the same distance seemed more diffused.

My buddy has a UK C4 eLed. The Dorcy is not quite as bright but it's close. I did a Turks/Caicos LOB last year (clear water). One diver had a Princeton Tec 3LED light ($150), my buddy had his C4 - mine was the third brightest light on the boat. Two others asked me about it and were going to buy one.

We dove every night - including one longer dive at a shallower location. Same batteries all week and it was still bright at the end. From what I've read about Cree technology the light will fall off real fast when the batteries get below a certain threshold.

My buddy is also carrying C batteries for his light. I'm carrying AAA's. Since we fly everywhere it makes a small difference. I'm buying another Dorcy as a backup and leaving the SL4 home since it also takes C batteries.

Diversteve,

Thanks again for the info, sounds like the Dorcy is the one to buy. I to much prefer AAAs over carrying C cells. I have the UK HID Cannon 100, which uses 8 Cs, very bright but too much to carry and the batteries rarely last 2 dives.

Back
Top Bottom