UK - HID Cannon Lite - Info Requested!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R.Soper

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I don't want to flog a dead horse with this subject, as i have read quite a few posotive and negative threads about this particular light.

However, i get the impression that many of the issues with the torch are ones from when the torch first was brought on the market. I am led to believe the issues seem to be in relation to bulbs which do not work, or work but not for very long, and the fragility of the system, and issues surrounding general unreliability. Can anyone confirm if these issues have been "ironed out" by now? They seem great value for money, and i have just ordered two for my underwater video camera, and i need reassurance that i have done the right thing!

Can anyone also give me a few tips on what to do, and what not to do with the torch, so they hopefully last longer than six months!

Thanks - Bob

Hi,

I do not think that you did the right thing. A problem of the light is that there is just 1 O-ring at a bad position to keep the water out of the light. Several lights have already been flooded. My one too.

Greetings, Michael

Hi,

you have to be extremely careful with the o-ring. Also, you should close the head as tight as possible.

Greetings, Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom