UK Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First welome aboard, you'll certainly enjoy your visits here.

Originally posted by diveslut
.... I'm off to Greece this summer and will be doing some archaeological diving.

In what capacity? Do you have specialized training (ie NAS)? What will you be doing?

OK then

Hi Di'

Diving in Holland is great (one of the reasons I moved here). I have been coming here for shot week-end hols for years and the best area in my estimation is Zeeland. Part of it is a marine reserve and the Grevelingenmeer is like a partly closed off sea lake.

The Dijke walls all around this area are all like man made barrier reefs and are teeming with life. There are some easily accessible wrecks and no pressure about tides inside the Grevelingenmeer.

Let me know when you are coming over for a look.

:)
Aquamore

Hi diving gal

Going to do a NAS qualification before I go and then wing it. I'm going to the Pelopponesse and apparantly there's a lot of antiquities in the sea there, so I'm going to see if I can join in with an archaeology group there.

Aquamore it sounds great there, and I suppose similar conditions to the UK, I'm very fond of my drysuit. I even used it in the Red sea, but it was January. I like the challenge of diving in the cold with low viz.

Yes that's right, very similar to the UK but with slightly better Vis than Fort Bovisand and much less tidal range.

I like it because it gives the pics of the Blue lobsters a bit of a green hue.

Low vis and cold water........ my kind of Buddy!

Have a great time in Greece, don't forget to tell them the Elgin Marbles are ours (possession is 9/10ths of the law and all that) and we intend to keep them.:D

A colleage sent me this pic of "If 'Friends' were filmed in liverpool" but I don't get it, :help: can you please explain!?

Cheers
Aquamore

Welcome aboard!

Don't for forget about great diving here in Canader eh! If you get across the pond, take a whack at Great Lakes wreck diving.

Hi Aquamore,

I think this refers to the vicious rumour that we in Liverpool are all fat, beerswilling, chip guzzlers.

However I'm not originally from Liverpool, so I'm a trim southern gal.Have you seen the Royle Family because that is very similar to some peoples lives in Liverpool.

I'm going to print the pic off to pass around.

Bad viz is diving in the Albert dock, where you cannot read your guages or see anything. Good laugh tho!

Still not sure if I get the joke but at least I got to find out about your physical dimentions..... Ha ha!:D

I wish I was slim, but at least I'm not like those guys in the Pic I sent you! (See attachment for my pic as I am growing a goatee now).

I am sure I saw the Royles.... a family sitting round a TV set?

I think I saw the Albert Dock last time we lived in our UK house, was it used to broadcast breakfast television? Can't be much worse than some of the ink wells I have dived in in Germany.

Is the Albert Dock near Telford's Quay, Ellesmere port? This is where the British Sub-Aqua Club has it's HQ.

My parents are from "Up North", but live in a little village in Essex now, (not much Diving there unfortunately). Where exactly are you from down south, I would guess from your love of diving it must be somewhere like Portland, Portsmouth, Weymouth or Plymouth?

Aquamore

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom