UK D8 Sunlight with NiCad Upgrade Rechargeable Kit... with problems.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleJaybles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Up for grabs: a UK D8 dive light with the NiCad Upgrade kit (includes 30W bulb).

Now for the problems... the light had been stored without use for about 4 months surrounding a move, and when I came back to it, I am completely unable to get the light open. The head will not budge for me. I'm not sure what's going on - the o-ring was slightly lubricated and yet I have no luck with it.

I am thinking that someone with the proper tools (i.e. a vice and a strap wrench) might have better luck than me.

The rechargeable kit for this light comes in at about $280, although the light itself is about $130. Puts out a lot of light with the 30W bulb (1255 lumens). The switch has been a little funny - sometimes it needs to be moved back and forth a little bit for the electrical contacts to catch. Also, the 30W bulb gets so hot that it has melted some of the plastic around where it is mounted. It has the pistol grip handle on it, but note that this has popped out more than once (while trying to get the light open, not during a dive) and I believe the plastic is a little bit bent around the handle mount.

Light has probably been on about 40-50 dives, but the rechargeable pack has probably only been through 15-20 full charge/discharge cycles or less. Still has juice in it, so I was able to take photos of it on high and low settings. Comes with charger, and lanyard attached to pistol grip as well as hardware for using D-cell batteries.

$185 - good offers considered. $10 for shipping in the US.

Thanks!

Hopefully some of the photos below will help you in your decision, and please feel free to ask any questions.

Photo Album - Imgur

$90 shipped to qld australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom