UK- C4 eled old vs new grip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Have pretty much decided to buy the ukc4 for the mrs and my 1st night dives on the barrier reef.
Trouble is the store only has 1 old and 1 new style. Just wondering if their is any real difference in brightness etc between the 2. Dont want to be always fighting over who gets the good 1 :depressed:
Thanks for any info

Last edited:
I have one of the UK C4 LED and I would not recommend it. On mine the switch has always been a little unreliable and a friend's princeton tec light of the same size is substantially brighter. Sorry I don't know anything about the difference in grips.

Check the boxes to see if there is info on the lumens that will tell you if there is a difference. If there is a difference just give the better light to the Mrs. as it will make you shine ;-).

Halocline - send your light back to UK. I have had very response from them for warranty work. They recently replaced both of our LED lights and have been very good about looking for parts for old lights.

Have pretty much decided to buy the ukc4 for the mrs and my 1st night dives on the barrier reef.
Trouble is the store only has 1 old and 1 new style. Just wondering if their is any real difference in brightness etc between the 2. Dont want to be always fighting over who gets the good 1 :depressed:
Thanks for any info
Ended up buying these. Turns out the grips are identical, was just the way they were described.
The difference is the newer model has whats called 'Heat Sink' , which is supposed to increase brightness. I couldnt really tell the difference, found they were both more than adequate.
I have a new problem though... seem to have overtightened one of the torches, and cant for the life of me undo it :(

Ended up buying these. Turns out the grips are identical, was just the way they were described.
The difference is the newer model has whats called 'Heat Sink' , which is supposed to increase brightness. I couldnt really tell the difference, found they were both more than adequate.
I have a new problem though... seem to have overtightened one of the torches, and cant for the life of me undo it :(

Is it just over tightened, or could there be a pressure seal issue? Try warming up the lamp (sunlight, dish washer, etc). Expanding air inside will release the seal. Good luck! And while you do want it snug against the o-ring, no need to really ratchet down on the light. That's what the o-ring is for. Keep a nice coating of silicone on it, and keep it free from debris, and be a little more gentle with it, and it should last a very long time.

Back
Top Bottom