UHMS guidelines on rescue of an unresponsive diver from depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr Simon Mitchell

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

I have attached the recent paper on recommendations for rescue of an unresponsive diver from depth written by the Diving Committee of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society, and published in the society's journal "Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine". The UHMS is arguably the world's peak body in respect of the physiology and medicine of diving, and this paper is their attempt to present the best expert opinion available (guided where possible by evidence) on some of the controversies around rescue of a diver.

Special thanks to the UHMS editorial staff for their liberal distribution policy in respect of this paper (papers are usually copyrighted and embargoed from reproduction beyond the journal).

I would be happy to discuss any questions or comments in this thread.

Simon Mitchell

Attachments

• UHM 39-6 - Mitchell - Rescue of an unresponsive diver - FINAL.pdf
    989 KB · Views: 693
Last edited:
Thanks for posting this....I tried to view it in the other thread but was unable to..

Thank you!

Glad you got it posted Doc

Thanks for posting the document!

Good move on the post. Look forward to studying the document.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom