Ufl-m150 zm80

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canon S95 in Fix S95 housing with the Inon micro-fish-eye lens and appropriate adapters at Blue Heron Bridge on Friday, July 29, 2011

Please keep in mind that I am a beginner at underwater photography. Strobe still makes me cuss sometimes. I don't even own one, I borrowed a Inon Z40 for this.
All done at F:8, autofocus, ISO 200. Most were around 100th to 125th second.

The ONLY thing I did to these photos was cropping in some of them, and convert to .jpg.

bcf510d6d1074183b540c4c9e07c7528.jpg

The lens will fit inside "milk bottle" sized openings, but not soda bottle sized.

30d8775f7cca4f3baeb69346a6bed861.jpg

e7068c8cd8cc4b0bb4dd62d5703c98d4.jpg

This one below was cropped a lot.
829671acae8e4083bc8ec58b00658192.jpg

"Self portrait" and a well encrusted section of the telephone cable. This one was not cropped at all. I think it is interesting to see all the way to the 'edge' of the view.

43ee8d7a76eb4f67958e32eed7205fff.jpg

Thanks for posting. How does it handle in the water? Which adapter/mount do you have with it? Was it difficult to find focus?

I ordered one to use with my Canon S90 with FIX housing and AD adapter.

I get mine hopefully early next week. Will try to get in the water as soon as possible.

interesting...i am gonna order a housing for my TS3 and the first add on lens may be this one.

All were auto-focus and I left aperture at F:8 all day.

The bottles in the pictures above were maybe a 12 or 16 ounce size and had a larger opening than a typical soda or beer bottle. The lens does not fit in a beer bottle opening, but it went right in those clear bottles above.

Here's a wine bottle shot. The lens does not fit inside this one.
9ff688ee065c4701b2daa369f7cdb4fc.jpg

And here's the same bottle and fish with the lens almost touching. I think I was making the fish inside pretty mad by this time.

965a745edfc34cef9d114bf5d151d6ce.jpg

This shot shows how the lens is mounted. If you look at this page it lists the 'adapters' necessary. The thread on the lens itself is small.... maybe 27mm (from the model number of the 'adapters'). There is a link on that page of "compatibility chart".

So for the Fix S95 housing, get the 67mm adapter and a 52mm to 67mm step-up ring.
I also have a Nikon L18 point-n-shoot in an Ikelite housing with 67mm thread. It does not appear on the "compatibility chart" but it works fine. The lens and 67mm adapter went right on the L18/Ikelite. With that camera all I did was some test shots in the bathroom sink to make sure it didn't vignette. Didn't take it diving with that lens (yet) since it has NO control over aperture or speed or focus and I am working on learning underwater manual control.

Fix-S95-Micro-fish-eye_1.jpg

To illustrate some technical aspects of this micro-fisheye lens here is a photo with the Canon S95 at full wide angle, 6mm focal length. I did nothing to this photo other than reduce to 600 px wide, convert to jpg and watermark.

You need to zoom in to use this lens. My other shots were all around 15mm focal length.

Some of you might look at this photo and how the lens mounts and be able to understand why this lens will not work with all cameras.

ac2f63d8ad4a4ac2ac583857df4d6675.jpg

Back
Top Bottom