UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not had much diving on the east coast lately the weather being rather bad at weekends, or I have been working at weekends out of UAE.

Anyway had a couple of dives with the Dive Centre on Friday although I was not sure if I could have made it due to work commitments but ended up going over at the last minute. However I forgot my mask and ended up borrowing one that remained fogged up despite copious amounts of Johnsons Baby Shampoo prior to each dive.

My favourite shot though was taken during my safety stop above Inchcape 2

Returned on Sunday with Master Chief who is over on holiday with his family and we dived both Inch 1 and Inch 2. Water temps are now a balmy 24C but I have changed my drysuit for my 7mm semi-dry.

Hypselodoris dolfusi on Inch 2

Next weekend will depend on the coastguard but looking at Dibba Rock for sure and maybe Inch 1.

Nice pic's Gordon.

Next time try spit in that mask. It worked for Jacques Cousteau! That's all I use anymore... you can't forget and leave your spit at the house :)

24 degrees! Time for my 3 mm O'Neil. Will be with DD Friday morning.

---------- Post added April 10th, 2015 at 09:59 PM ----------

Visibility about 20 m on Inch 1 today... until the crowd showed up. Temp 24 on my Petrel at 29 m.

Frogfish.jpg

Nice

Where did yo find the froggie Abdullah? Inch 1?

---------- Post added April 11th, 2015 at 03:23 PM ----------

I dived Inch 10 yesterday and my Petrel was reading 23C at 24M, and 25C at the safety stop, distinct thermocline starting around 9M

Viz was pretty good and there was an amazing shoal of fish hanging around darkening the area as the moved over the wreck, although the quantity of colloidal muck as still there the visibility was pretty damn good.

No nudis to report but quite a few gobies and blennies around to keep me happy

It was Inch 1.

How is Inch 10 compared to Inch 2? 2 has been trashed lately.

Lots of coral on Inch 10, very few people dive it, usually CTD, the BSAC boats as well as Barracuda (also in Fujairah).

If you want to dive it then Glenn from CTD usually organises an afternoon dive on a Friday or Saturday after his morning tech dive.

Glenn's boat

Yanni and I are planning to dive it next Friday conditions permitting.

Coming soon ………… a new dive site near you :D

Preparations for Car Cemetery 2

Wish I could make that next week, but travelling to Muscat for work.

two awesome dives on Inch 10 on Friday, viz was iffy, in fact there was a distinct layer of 2M viz just below 6M and the water temperature dropped from 25C to 23C below that layer.

Above the layer and almost all the way to the surface was jellyfish soup, my lips were still stinging hours after the dive.

Inch 10 was allowing some limited wide angle opportunities but it was not as good as the previous week, nonetheless I was optimistic but failed to take any shots that had a wow factor.

We also had three tech guys doing a scooter course on the boat

They were busy whirring around the wreck doing drills then disappeared until we were ready to do our second dive.

I opted for macro on the second dive and was rewarded by four Dendrodoris denisoni, I had only ever seen two before on two different dives on Inchcape 2.

Photo of me taking a photo of the second Dendrodoris, the first one can be seen on top of the rail.

The first Dendrodoris

The second Dendrodoris

The second pair were found with 2 min NDL left, however even though I had a 50% stage bottle my daughter did not, now she is talking about staying down longer and possibly doing a trimix course.

Great day out :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom