UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Three dives off Fujairah this weekend, could have been a fourth but my ears were not cooperating on the last dive today.

Water temps 24/25C.

Visibility from 20m and below 10-15m, superb.

Another giant frogfish spotted on New Deep Reef and nicely perched on a piece of coral.

full.jpg

Several seahorses spotted

full.jpg

Two divers spotted a tiger shark attacking a shoal of snapper when they were ascending on the second dive today, which was rather exciting for them, and something to look out for next weekend if it's still around.

Last dives of the year yesterday :( and did three with Barracuda off Fujairah, 2 on Ruby Reef and 1 on Deep Reef 2.

Conditions in the morning were not too bad, visibility was excellent below 20m. I had major issues again with my ears on the first dive and used 50 bar just getting down to 26m, it took me 10 min.

The second dive was fine and despite my buddy bringing everyone to see the frogfish that she found on the first dive, @Benzonar found what we believe to be the first recording of a Dasycaris zanzibarica on some coiled wire coral - definitely the highlight and for me superceded the frogfish.

full.jpg

On the third dive after lunch my buddy Leah found another large frogfish :D but no seahorses. Clearly the reefs here are very much alive with an invasion of these critters, with an almost certainty of finding at least one on every dive.

Well first post here this year, although I did dive a couple of weeks ago, yesterday's dives were my first post-head cold, which started a couple of weeks ago and resulted in a thumbed dive.

My ears still hurt and it took 10 mins to descend to 28m on Deep Reef 2.

Ticked all the boxes, seahorses - tick, giant frogfish - tick, nudis - tick, seasnakes - tick

Second dive at Ruby Reef and repeat.

Weird weather though, nice and sunny when we descended on the first dive only to surface to an overcast day, it was like we'd arrived some place else.

Water temps still 23C all the way from surface to the bottom. The wind chill for those in wetsuits when driving back was very apparent.

Best shot of the day

full

Well first post here this year, although I did dive a couple of weeks ago, yesterday's dives were my first post-head cold, which started a couple of weeks ago and resulted in a thumbed dive.

Great to read about your diving after a long absence. I hope that all is well and wish you lots of enjoyable and safe diving in very calm seas with awesome visibility and marine life my friend.

Thanks Burhan, I was dry for 51 days :eek:

Mainly due to being in Scotland over Christmas and New Year covering the first week of January, although I did meet up with some friends who were diving in Scotland over that period, and was wishing I'd brought my drysuit with me.

When I returned back I had 3 weeks without a day off traveling to Saudi and Barcelona as well as an exhausting week of meetings here in Dubai with senior management from the company and our local ME distributors.

I hope that you're also doing well yourself, take care my friend.

Thanks Burhan, I was dry for 51 days :eek:

Mainly due to being in Scotland over Christmas and New Year covering the first week of January, although I did meet up with some friends who were diving in Scotland over that period, and was wishing I'd brought my drysuit with me.

I have been dry for more than 3 months now. I am in the UK right now enjoying the sunny weather :) I arrived in London a couple of days before Christmas and have been staying here since. There is a dive show next week in Coventry and I am thinking of going there. This is the longest time I have stayed in the UK and staying outside Libya since I returned from the UAE in 2013.

I was diving this weekend as instructors do and the temps seem to be holding at 23 from 16-30 meters. Although Inch 2 was one degree warmer at 24.

Two divers spotted a tiger shark attacking a shoal of snapper when they were ascending on the second dive today, which was rather exciting for them, and something to look out for next weekend if it's still around.

I need to know the location of this "New Deep Reef" as it sounds like a great site to dive.

I need to know the location of this "New Deep Reef" as it sounds like a great site to dive

Just next to Ruby Reef :rofl3:

Turk, it's just 10 mins out from FIMC in Fujairah, a lot of good sites around there including Inchcape 10, which is in better condition than Inches 1 and 2.

Just next to Ruby Reef :rofl3:

Turk, it's just 10 mins out from FIMC in Fujairah, a lot of good sites around there including Inchcape 10, which is in better condition than Inches 1 and 2.
Ahhhh ok!! Need to get up that way on my day off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom