U853 charter information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daveg1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking for some recommended charter boats that go to the U853. I have been there once but would like to find a boat that is not 2 hrs from the site. Also I would like to find a boat that others have found to be a good operation. I am looking for something that can hold about 6 divers.

[this probably should be in the NELD forum]

I use ninigret divers [ www.ninigretdivers.com ], a small operation out of Charlestown, RI. The downside is he's got a small boat; and you're really only going to want 4 divers.

I've been out with narragansett pier dive shop once; and I know a lot of folks use that boat; but I personally find them both expensive and completely horrid.

Spectre I've been out with narragansett pier dive shop once; and I know a lot of folks use that boat; but I personally find them both expensive and completely horrid.[/QUOTE:
Hear, Hear...I've heard nothing but horror stories about them. It was cool when Cape Ann Divers used to go. They went on the U-Boat in 2002 and haven't since.

Butch Amaral's boat is a great one, and for the life of me, I can't think of the name of it right now. My strong reccomendation would be to call Mike Walls at the Dive Locker in Hyannis. I think he tries to use Butch as much as possible for the U-Boat, and he'll be able to point you in the right direction as far as other charters.

daveg1:
I am looking for some recommended charter boats that go to the U853. I have been there once but would like to find a boat that is not 2 hrs from the site. Also I would like to find a boat that others have found to be a good operation. I am looking for something that can hold about 6 divers.

A boat that is not 2 hrs from the site??? Well I don't know of any boats that run out of Block Island which is the closest "land mass" to the 853.
Since your from NH I presume your not interested in any operators on my side of the "pond" (LI Sound).
But just in case, JeanMarie out of Hampton Bays schedules a week in August doing trips out of Montauk to U boat and Bass and other sites in that area.
Also Sea Turtle operates out of Montauk.
I believe Atlantis Divers out of New London CT does the U boat.

Back
Top Bottom