U-clip for Goodman handle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you would like to build one, buy a PVC pipe coupling and cut out a slice lengthwise. Then slowly heat it (if you heat too fast it will turn brown) and bend it to size. Bend it a bit smaller than you want it and let it harden (30 seconds or so). You can then drill your holes to match your handle. I used a dremel tool to sand the edges of the one I made. It is a pretty easy build and turns out looking just as good as a bought one, and holds my light tighter than one I bought. I am using it on a smaller light so I cut the PVC coupling down some, but may end up making another and leaving it full length. Total time involved to make one was about 5 minutes.

post pic please. I'd like to see it.
Thanks

I'd like pics of that set-up too. Sounds ideal.

I just got back from finishing up my rescue class and took some pics to show. Here are two pictures of the handle I made. One with a light, and one without. The metal part of the handle will eventually be replaced with plastic so that it will bend and be a little more comfortable on the hand (and I will have room to sink the nut a bit so it doesnt cause discomfort on top of the hand).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom