Typhoon Mina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We got to Boracay on Weds for 6 days of R&R with some diving planned. Got to dive Thurs and Sat and Monday (on the 'back side').

Today (Tuesday) took off for Cebu, very rough takeoff! We landed and my friend in Boracay said conditions are getting very bad there, glad we got out. But we planned to go to Maya then Malapascua this afternoon, but Johny on Malapascua said conditions are bad up there, regular ferries are cancelled, etc. So here we are Tuesday night in a hotel in Cebu. We'll kill the night at Tequila Joe's in Ayala Mall, not all bad.

We want to dive for the rest of the week but where to go ???? We have a flight Cebu-Manila on Sunday afternoon.

Moalboal might be an option? Or a ferry to Tagbilaran then going to Alona Beach? Check Malapascua again in the morning? Or ????

Anyone familiar with these storms or have any "here is what I would do if I were you.." type of advice, I'm all ears!

hmm... I don't know how severe that tropical storm is but Boracay appear to be right in its path (if it stays on that course) and Malapascua will probably get rough given its location.

Maybe your best bet (barring flying all the way down to Southern Mindinao) is head south from Cebu City to Alona Beach/ Balicasag or even Dumaguete - but you might be subject to ferry cancellations as well.

Maybe Moalboal (2-3hr car from Cebu)?

We got to Boracay on Weds for 6 days of R&R with some diving planned. Got to dive Thurs and Sat and Monday (on the 'back side').

Today (Tuesday) took off for Cebu, very rough takeoff! We landed and my friend in Boracay said conditions are getting very bad there, glad we got out. But we planned to go to Maya then Malapascua this afternoon, but Johny on Malapascua said conditions are bad up there, regular ferries are cancelled, etc. So here we are Tuesday night in a hotel in Cebu. We'll kill the night at Tequila Joe's in Ayala Mall, not all bad.

We want to dive for the rest of the week but where to go ???? We have a flight Cebu-Manila on Sunday afternoon.

Moalboal might be an option? Or a ferry to Tagbilaran then going to Alona Beach? Check Malapascua again in the morning? Or ????

Anyone familiar with these storms or have any "here is what I would do if I were you.." type of advice, I'm all ears!
or consider hitting cagayan de oro/ duka/ mantangale...

but if the storm track keeps moving northeast you should be ok in bohol's southwestern side

Jag

Raining , wind, and big water in Culasi.....weather will calm tomorrow. Looks like we're on the backside of the bad weather now.

hmmmnn..... u can also resched your flight and get to Manila earlier and dive Puerto Galera. but wait, is the weather okay in Mindoro?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom