Types of Bungee/Shock Chords?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And your advice to the original question is...????

You want thanks? Thanks for adding nothing to the discussion.

I like that :D. But back to the OP. As mentioned earlier, stay away from the cotton sheathed bungee. It tends to fray and can't be cleaned up with a lighter or match.

Just go to West Marine or (some not all) sewing stores and get their bungie. It will be fine. It will wear out in 1000+ dives or more likely when it gets snagged somewhere on a boat dive overstretches it and the sheath seperates from the core. There are vastly larger issues to worry. I swear every "DIR" diver thinks like a NASA engineer :dork2:

And your advice to the original question is...????

You want thanks? Thanks for adding nothing to the discussion.

Ignore "advice/abuse" from cranky canadians that have had to dig their cars out of the snow every day for the last 6 months, and aren't happy about it ?

A timely topic. I looked all over last week while in Florida for bulk bungie-No one had it. I checked fabric stores, West marine and about 10 dive stores. Usually I trip all over the stuff. I am back in VA now and picked some up at a local hardware store. Anybody have a good source for it. You know it must be black or you will die...

You know it must be black or you will die...

Mcmastercarr.com - search "bungee" - you'll find 3/16" and 1/8" in 50'+ spools.

Edit: A complete aside for which Nadwidny will surely smite me, but I meant to quote your question of where to source it...dunno what kind of lapse got me to highlight the "black or you die" thing instead...

yay, good prices and even a selection on the types of bungee sheaths. I love it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom