types of boats useful for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you don't know much about boats the best thing I can say is to ride in as many as possible before you buy one. Almost any boat will work it just depends on what type of conditions you want to go out in. If you are a recreational diver/fisher then you most likely will go out in nice weather and calmer seas. The more boats you can get on the more you will see what you like and dislike and then start putting together one that works for you.
back40

For my CHarter business I use a 2004 Trophy 2359. It's a great rough water boat (believe me I've tried it since most of my charters are on Lake Erie) It also has shelter from the elements unlike most inflatables. I have a picture of my boat here website

I had a 30 ft Sea Ray for a long time and it was a good fast way to get wet. I did end up using a dive yak due to the ease and local of solo diving. I still use charter boats with regularity here where I live

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom