Type of LED in the UK 8C eLed Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frankie-boy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I want to replace the LED's in my C8, because I have him for over two years now and I'm sure there are more efficient LED's at this moment.

But I need to know what type of its original LED's. Does anybody know what type it uses?

When I know this, I can search for brighter LED's with the same characteristics, which I can use to original LED's.

And if somebody knows which LED's I can use, please let me know, so I won't have to look for them myself :D.

Regards,

Frank Howell

I swapped both LED's out for two 900 lumen P7's from Dealextreme. The resulting beam is amazing. The reflector is a little too small for the P7's but you don't notice it much underwater. Well worth the $40 investment.

Thnx for your info!

Did you use the following LED: www2.dealextreme.com:8080/details.dx/sku.11809 ? Because one guy says in the comments it's not the 900 lm version.

Do you have a photo to show the difference?

And do you know the forward current en forward voltage?

The ones dealextreme sells are the B bin, not c-bin so you won't get 900 lumen. However, to get the full brightness you have to drive them at 2.8 amps.

That being said the modified torch is monster bright. Brightest thing I've ever seen - hands down.

I'm using the stock UK circuitry which drives the two leds in series at 350ma (low) and 1500ma (high). The voltage across both LED's appears to be the battery voltage (~10v NiMH or 12V batteries). I used thermal glue to seat the LED's and the heat transfer out of front of the torch is excellent. I think it runs cooler than stock. If I ever want to make it brighter I'll swap out the electronics for a 2.8A module.

Will post pics soon.

dp

The ones dealextreme sells are indeed the B-bin. But you said you used the 900-lumen LED's, so I didn't understand which LED's you bought. So I need the b-bin without heat-sink?

Do you already have the pictures?

Thnx in advance,

Frank

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom