Tyler State Park Improvements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There's a rumor that my LDS is working with TSP officials to make plans for improvements. Found this on DiveLocal.com:

"It seems they realize how many divers are actually going to the park.

Plans include 2-3 new platforms in different locations. New access points, gravel on access points. Sunken items to explore. Christmas tree reefs.

The list goes on and on."

So, for those of you who would like to dive TSP, it sounds like help is on it's way. Hope it works out! TSP doesn't have the visibility of CSSP (actually it beat it yesterday, ha!), but it's nice and warm, no motorboats (only paddleboats & canoes), and it's CHEAP. The main entry now is a mud bank with a bit of gravel, hardly optimum. But there is a navigation course and platform already there. The only time I dove there, the vis was fairly poor, but hey, it was diving!

Foo

Hey Foo, is the place spring fed like CSSP, and therefore maintaining a fairly constant temperature? Lake Travis is currently "warm", but that'll poop out in a few weeks.

Archman, it is spring fed. I don't think it stays a constant temp like say, the Comal, I think it gets cold. But I'm not sure and a search didn't show me much. I have not heard of people diving there because of constant temps in the winter. But, I'm still a relative newbie, so I could be wrong. Can anyone else help with an answer?
Foo

archman:
Hey Foo, is the place spring fed like CSSP, and therefore maintaining a fairly constant temperature? Lake Travis is currently "warm", but that'll poop out in a few weeks.

During the Summer it's generally warm above the thermal and extremely cold under it. The thermal is usually at about 20 ft and it's quite numbing. Of course during the winter the thermal moves up and it's all cold...hehe

Moostang:
During the Summer it's generally warm above the thermal and extremely cold under it. The thermal is usually at about 20 ft and it's quite numbing. Of course during the winter the thermal moves up and it's all cold...hehe

Wow, look who came out from under his rock! So, how was Acapulco?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom