Tyler State Park Conditions - June 4th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moostang

Reaction score
Yesterday we went to TSP. Water was Extremely murky. I suspect it was from the extreme crowd of people from Memorial day weekend and the constant storms throughout the week.

There seems to be a new attraction at the primary entry spot(first set of picnic tables past the swim area). There is a Common Water Snake that seems quite friendly as far as swimming back and forth across the water entry spot. It has swam past from about 2 ft away and doesn't seem to mind sharing the water with us.

Vis : 2-5 ft.
Temps : 81 at surface, 70-75 below the thermal.

FYI:
We'll be going to Athens next Wednesday.

Moostang,
We'll be at TSP tomorrow, Sunday, for the 2nd day of my daughter's open water dives to complete her cert. Murky- yuck. But, I guess the challenge will be good for her and help her be better prepared. Clear Springs wasn't the clearest I've ever seen it, today, either. Water was pretty silted up. The funny thing, is the people who were in the water already when we got there began complaining, saying that WE were going to silt up THEIR water. Too bad we didn't get the chance, hehehe. They had already done the job for us.
Foo

p.s. I'll make it a point to NOT let my daughter see your post about the water snake. Wish I'd never seen it...
:wink:

We will be planning to dive on some Wednesdays this summer, Moostang. Evidently that is a good day for you too? We've never been to Athens, but would like to try it soon. Not sure if we could make it this week- but ya never know. I'll be sure to let you know if we plan to go out there.
Foo

Foo:
We will be planning to dive on some Wednesdays this summer, Moostang. Evidently that is a good day for you too? We've never been to Athens, but would like to try it soon. Not sure if we could make it this week- but ya never know. I'll be sure to let you know if we plan to go out there.
Foo

Well....I work 4 days on, 4 days off...12 hours a day...so this week, yes, wednesday is good. But the primary reason for wednesday is my girlfriend is finishing up her open water wednesday since we'll be diving in lake whitney this weekend. She wanted to be certified so she wouldnt be bored off of her arse while my cousin and i were diving.

we'll definately be out there this wednesday. 90% of my dives i travel in my white s-10 with a texas dive sticker on the back window. Guess i shouldnt be too hard to find with that info if you come out there. I'll be lookin for ya...er some stranger checking out my s-10 hehe.

LMAO @ the snake comment....I used to own a pet snake and i've caught several water snakes and a water moc. , also a couple of chicken snakes. The snakes dont skeer me so long as i can see them. it's when they go under and then the damn perch start pecking at your legs that gets me worried hehe.

Foo:
Foo

Hey Foo, you here in tyler or close to it? If so, which is your dive shop of preference?

Yes, I'm north of Tyler in Wood Cty. I trained with ScubaSteve's Aquatic Adventures in Tyler. We went to CSSP on Sat. and to Tyler State Park on Sunday. I didn't see your water snake (thank God!) but even with the murky conditions we saw some cool stuff- of course the numerous perch, some baby bass and some bigger ones, and a pretty large catfish at the brushpile. And, I'm proud to say, I spotted the only turtle of the day, first burrowing in the mud and grass, then he moved around and finally he swam away from us. The vis was bad, but I was very proud of my daughter as she finished up her open water cert. We went treasure hunting by the swim platform, but the best I could do was a Dacor emblem from someone's equipment, lol.

If the weather clears up, we plan to go to Athens tomorrow. Would really like to make it, but it's not looking good on the weather channel. I want my daughter to get in some more dives before we go to Coz at the end of the month, and we've heard Athens is pretty clear, so would like to try it out. I'll post on here if we're going to be there, and I'll look for your white truck- we will be in a white monte carlo, there will be 3 of us.

Hope to meet ya soon and dive,
Foo

I purchased my new wetsuit from Scuba Steves. I liked the "Buy the 3 mil full and get the matching shorty free"

So far we're still going to Athens tomorrow. We're doing our best to not let the weather detour us. The one and only time i've been to athens, the visibility was AWESOME but the water was quite chemically nasty to us. I've heard it's gotten better and of course the cost of it dropped to 15 from 25 so i'm going to give it another chance.

Another friend of mine has decided to join us so we're going to take my Girlfriends Mini van. It's grey and not much else to distinguish it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom