Tybee Shore Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm goin to Blue Grotto in Williston Florida this weekend but I might like to try it next weekend. You outta come down to Fla for a Concher get together saturday morning.
Chris

Yeah, I know. I sat thru 3 of them suckers last year. This is just a little wind and rain. Hopefully it stays south of Williston. We'll have to see. To bad about Tybee. Well have to snoop around and see what else is to be had.
Chris

Shushi:
Thanks for the info, Man I miss Cali!!
I definately hear ya. Long way from California here in Atlanta Hell. Uhmm, good diving around here, I guess it's all comparitive to what you are used to. If you are used to Cali, I would suggest south florida or the keys, but of course you are talking 10-12 hrs of driving to get there. There are always offshore sites off of GA, and of course great sites of of NC. The gulf has some good diving as well. I couldn't imagine the shock of coming from Cali and then jumping into a quarry. Unfortunately from Atlanta, unless you want lakes or quarries, your looking at a min. of 6 hrs of driving to get to any Saltwater.

Matt

andrea31419:
It's not a good idea to shore dive at Tybee...rip currents, vis and such. No one I know of shore dives at Tybee.

Like Andrea said there's not any good diving on the Georgia Beaches. However, there's LOTS of great diving offshore here if you dont mind a boat ride. The Georgia offshore reefs are unspoiled and full of life and game fish unlike many other dive destinations that get pressure everyday.

Check out the following links for pictures and videos of the many dive opportunities we have here.

Savannah Scuba Board
NOAA Gray's Reef Website

We also have BIG lobster Too.....

drbobgabugs.JPG

Back
Top Bottom