TX Clipper Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know where we can browse some picts of the Texas Clipper underwater...after it was reefed? I'd like to see what all the hoopla is about regarding how she settled on the bottom.

Check the CHUM Gallery from our First on the Clipper inaugural dive.

Here's an interesting photo. In the backgound, that is Dale Shively (TPWD project director) climbing back on the Spree after his final checkout dive. I wonder if he felt any pressure to give it the final clearance, with a dive boat 50 feet away carrying 20 divers all suited up?

Can we dive it now? Huh? Huh? Can we dive it now?

Check the CHUM Gallery from our First on the Clipper inaugural dive.

Reef you guys took some great snaps!!

Have you heard any word on how the paying charters have been going since CHUMS dive? Curious to how busy they are.

I haven't heard but reading between the lines, not great. I saw a quote by Tim at American in one of the stories where he seemed to express disappointment over the Clipper not being upright, saying they had hoped it would keep charters full through December. But that's just a WAG on my part. And it's not really the diving "season", the real answers will come next summer.

I haven't heard but reading between the lines, not great. I saw a quote by Tim at American in one of the stories where he seemed to express disappointment over the Clipper not being upright, saying they had hoped it would keep charters full through December. But that's just a WAG on my part. And it's not really the diving "season", the real answers will come next summer.

Yea,,,being off season it will be interesting....I hope to make the trek south next year. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom