DIR- Generic Two Yellow Octos Long Hose Setup on Single Tank – Seeking Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sujoe

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been doing mainly technical dives recently, but I’m now looking to assemble a recreational setup and would love to get some input on an idea I’ve been considering.

I have a spare MTX-RC Octo lying around, and I’m thinking of getting another yellow octo instead of using a gray primary. My plan is to use a single tank with a long hose setup but with two yellow octos, specifically the MTX-RC Octos, which are equivalent to my primary regulator.

The reasoning behind this is that in a situation where a distressed diver needs to grab an octo, I don’t want them mistakenly grabbing the octo on my necklace. By having two yellow octos, I believe it would increase the likelihood of them grabbing the correct one, which is my primary on the long hose.

Has anyone here tried this configuration, or do you have any advice against it? I’m curious to hear if there are any downsides or concerns I might be overlooking.

Thanks in advance for your input!

and then when we were speaking again or he was listening again, told him of a club a not
exclusive club, but a club with strict rules, where anyone could join, if they played by their
rules much like any other club or much like my fathers soccer club, that because they train
hard, won a lot of premiership trophies in the nineteen fifties as they put the extra effort in

and then I told him that whenever the team tried to get together in their clubhouse to talk
ideas and tactics, that other group of losing soccer players, from those losing soccer teams
would turn up and do their best to disrupt the meeting, type of immature hazing, probably
to take a break from their roommates, back at the dorm, not sick of playing beer pong, yet

and my Father bellows,“NOT IN MY #@%*&#@ CLUB!”

But they closed the club and the people no longer have the chance to look listen and learn

I would have 0 yellow ones. If they’re both yellow that’s confusing. If the one in your mouth is yellow that’s confusing.

You should be paying enough attention and have enough free mental capacity if you’ve been tech diving to not be surprised by a diver needing an air share. Just hand them the reg form your mouth.

Hi everyone,

I've been doing mainly technical dives recently, but I’m now looking to assemble a recreational setup and would love to get some input on an idea I’ve been considering.

I have a spare MTX-RC Octo lying around, and I’m thinking of getting another yellow octo instead of using a gray primary. My plan is to use a single tank with a long hose setup but with two yellow octos, specifically the MTX-RC Octos, which are equivalent to my primary regulator.

The reasoning behind this is that in a situation where a distressed diver needs to grab an octo, I don’t want them mistakenly grabbing the octo on my necklace. By having two yellow octos, I believe it would increase the likelihood of them grabbing the correct one, which is my primary on the long hose.

Has anyone here tried this configuration, or do you have any advice against it? I’m curious to hear if there are any downsides or concerns I might be overlooking.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Why TWO yellow ones? Why not just the ONE you want them to grab being yellow, that is, the one in your mouth, on the long hose? Better yet, make the long hose yellow too.

and then when we were speaking again or he was listening again, told him of a club a not
exclusive club, but a club with strict rules, where anyone could join, if they played by their
rules much like any other club or much like my fathers soccer club, that because they train
hard, won a lot of premiership trophies in the nineteen fifties as they put the extra effort in

and then I told him that whenever the team tried to get together in their clubhouse to talk
ideas and tactics, that other group of losing soccer players, from those losing soccer teams
would turn up and do their best to disrupt the meeting, type of immature hazing, probably
to take a break from their roommates, back at the dorm, not sick of playing beer pong, yet

and my Father bellows,“NOT IN MY #@%*&#@ CLUB!”

But they closed the club and the people no longer have the chance to look listen and learn
Do you have a drinking problem?

Why TWO yellow ones? Why not just the ONE you want them to grab being yellow, that is, the one in your mouth, on the long hose? Better yet, make the long hose yellow too.
Because the MTX-RC octo is a lot cheaper than the primary ones :) Good idea about the hoses in yellow

I recently made a spare XTX40 octo black with about $50 worth of parts. You can easily get all the bits to do the same for an MTX-RC.
where did you get your parts from? i tried to look for the parts for MTX-RC to turn it from yellow to black. The prices are really steep. Around 120 Euro.

where did you get your parts from? i tried to look for the parts for MTX-RC to turn it from yellow to black. The prices are really steep. Around 120 Euro.

I went into my LDS who is an Apeks dealer and they got the bits in their next order (which also saved me shipping).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom