Two Weeks In The Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IThey are very professional and in my opinion one of the best dive operator there, though fisheye, victory divers also have good reps. They also have a good sized boat where you can make trips to nearby islands, and they also book liveaboard trips to tubattaha / lizzy beasley reefs in season,and Palau on other larger boats. I have done 2 trips to maniguin and 2 trips to panagatan with them, where I saw schooling devil rays, mobula rays, giant guitar shark,and hammerheads.
!

The boat of Calypso was built by the same guy that built the Maruha, Fisheye Divers boat. The Maruha is about 10 feet longer. That Calypso boat was first Fisheye's, sold to Victory, then Calypso. A good friend of mine and I did the maiden voyage on the Calypso boat up from Tiolas, Antique to Boracay back in 98.

I dove with Blue Mango 2 years ago. Real nice people and professional staff. Did not see any sharks on my dives. They also have an inn and provide lodging if you need it. I would stay there again if I make it back to Bora

I would have to agree that an experienced diver would probably be a little disappointed by what is on offer in Boracay, great for beginners though and if your there Yapak is definitely worth your time.

For Thresher sharks Malapascua is a great spot, early morning dives there are brilliant. For a bit more variety you might think about using your time to visit a few different spots in Cebu. Here in Moalboal we have some great wall dives just a few meters off the beach and other possibilities like the marine sanctuaries and, my favourite, Peskador island. Travel between the two spots is cheap, easy and fun.

Enjoy,
Lee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom