Two tank scuba trips from Riviera Maya to Cozumel ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maweber

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I will be going down to the Riviera Maya in March for cave training. However I would like to squeeze in 2-3 days of scuba diving in Cozumel before. Does anybdoy know a good dive operation in or around Playa del Carmen that caters to advanced divers and runs regular day trips to Cozumel ? Any suggestions appreciated. You can also contact me at maweberscuba@yahoo.com

Best.
Martin

maweber:
Hi,
I will be going down to the Riviera Maya in March for cave training. However I would like to squeeze in 2-3 days of scuba diving in Cozumel before. Does anybdoy know a good dive operation in or around Playa del Carmen that caters to advanced divers and runs regular day trips to Cozumel ? Any suggestions appreciated. You can also contact me at maweberscuba@yahoo.com

Best.
Martin
I will be heading there in 2 weeks and will be diving with Protec. I dove with them last year as well. 1st rate operation. They set us up with a 6 pack operator in Coz and we had some good ocean dives there although our main focus was the cave diving.

If you want to do 2-3 days of diving in Cozumel, I'd really suggest that you consider staying in Coz for 3-4 nights and diving with a Cozumel based dive op. There are lots of affordable accomodation options on the island, and many good dive operators. Choosing the dive op that's right for you just depends on whether you want a big or small boat, full service (they rinse and store your gear, provide water, fruit, snacks, towels, SI's at a beach club, etc), whether you want to dive with steel tanks or the standard AL80's, and of course, what your budget is. Diving in Coz can range from around $55 on up to $90 for a 2-tank trip.

My first choice in Cozumel is always Living Underwater (www.livingunderwater.com) Jeremy runs a very service oriented, quality operation. $85 for a 2-tank trip. Low pressure steel 95s and 120s, hotel pier pickup, water, soda, fruit, snacks, towels, jackets, beach SI, rinses and stores all gear incl wetsuits. Fast boat with max of 6 divers. Our experience over the past few years has been that most divers are experienced, but like all small operators, they can't guarantee that that will be the case.

Blue XT Sea is also a popular choice with divers on ScubaBoard. Christi offers the same type of service as Living Underwater but diving with AL80s. Her price is $75 for a 2-tank. www.bluextseadiving.com

For something lower priced with a little less of the extras, Blue Angel has lots of good reviews, as does Dive With Martin, Sea Urchin, Albatross, Scuba Tony and many more. It's really just a matter of what you want boat and service wise, and how much you are comfortable spending.

Tank Ha in Playa offers direct trips to Cozumel from Playa. They make the crossing in their boat. I dove with Tank Ha in Playa last year and liked them, but took the ferry over to Coz to dive there. I was not excited about making the crossing in a relatively small boat. AFAIK, Tank Ha is the only one that runs to Coz from Playa.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom