Suggestion Two separate replies in a thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
M

Madacub

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Problem:
Sometimes when I'm replying to a thread I have two separate posts to make. Maybe replying to two other posters or asking for clarification on two separate issues. So I write the first bit and hit "post". The thread refreshes with my post. Then I start the second bit and hit "post" again. But this bit gets added on to my prior post. On a couple of occasions, the second bit got missed by the person I intended it for, presumably because of the fact that the first part of the post did not apply.

Solution:
When a person posts a reply and starts a second reply, honor that. Don't force it as an addition. There's probably a reason the person wants two separate posts! The workaround seems to be to wait till someone else posts in between, then go for my second reply. Not satisfactory.

Thanks!

You are pushing a rope uphill with this. I believe concatenation is here to stay :sad:

Thanks, ScubaSteve. I searched concatenation and saw the discussions, including your comments. Pity.

---------- Post added ----------

Bump?

---------- Post added ----------

Just kidding!

Just to be clear, I am only offering my opinion of what will happen. I do not in any way represent ScubaBoard.......<snicker> yeah no. They may change their mind but they seem pretty decided on this one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom