Two New SCUBA Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creggur

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well my wife and I finished our checkdives yesterday, and I'm proud to announce there are two new NAUI certified SCUBA divers today!!!:eyebrow:

All went well on the checkdives except for a little trouble with my BCD... When I was doing my BC remove and replace skill demonstration I had a little problem. When I was trying to get it back on I knocked my weight belt loose and it fell off. Fortunately it fell accross my calf and with my leg bent I was able hold it there and maintain my position. So then I get my BC back on, but the cummerbund has folded under and I couldn't secure my BC. So I'm struggling to get the left side of the cummerbund back out, holding my weight belt on my right calf.

I never panicked, but I did suck down some serious air during this exercise.. So I finally get the cummerbund out and BC secured, and I'm ready to put the weight belt back on... As luck would have it as I get prone with the weight belt around me it's on backward...:11doh: So I had to get it turned around and going the right way. Finally I get it back on correctly.... Though it was a struggle, and I blew through some air doing all of this, I was quite proud of myself for not panicking, and just working through the situation as best I could.... All in all it was a fun day at Ginnie Springs in Florida....

Congrats to you and your wife on your cert! Dive safe and dive often. Good job on also keeping you head and overcoming the challenges rather than panic. :thumbs-up: You should be proud!

Congrats to the both of you.

Congrats on you and your wife becoming certified! You handled that situation like a pro. Hope you get to go out diving soon and enjoy!

Congratulations to both & welcome to the UW world of diving........Best thing to do is GEAUX diving & get some experience........good luck & only leave bubbles......

Craig!
Good work staying cool~ calm~ and collected. :winky:
Congrats to you both. Can't wait to dive with you next year!
In the mean time..go for it as much as you can!

Good you yall..Welcome to a whole new world. Alot of people stop diving when they get certified..Keep diving..

Natasha:
Craig!
Good work staying cool~ calm~ and collected. :winky:
Congrats to you both. Can't wait to dive with you next year!
In the mean time..go for it as much as you can!

Thanks a bunch, we are looking forward to the cruise next year as well....

Congrats! I see you're in Jax. Let me know if you want to hit a spring or offshore Jax sometime. You're lucky that your wife can dive as well. My wife tried and just couldn't do it. Of course that meant I didn't need to find a babysitter on our Keys vacation this year :eyebrow:

PalatkaBoy:
Congrats! I see you're in Jax. Let me know if you want to hit a spring or offshore Jax sometime. You're lucky that your wife can dive as well. My wife tried and just couldn't do it. Of course that meant I didn't need to find a babysitter on our Keys vacation this year :eyebrow:

Definately will do. We would like to hook up with some locals to dive with. Are there any shallow offshore dives here in Jax that are appropriate for newbies? &

What is your favorite spring dive. We will be on vacation the week of July 30th and would like to get some local/daytrip dives in...

Back
Top Bottom