Two Faber High Pressure 117cu/ft

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ontariodiver1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm an instructor and have a pair of two beautiful Faber 117cu/ft high pressure (3500psi) tanks for sale. They are almost brand new with only about 5 dives on each. They are 02 cleaned with viton o-rings. Most of my dives with the tanks I used Nitrox.

The only reason I'm selling them is because I'm now working overseas and couldn't bring them with me.

I didn't get them visual inspected before I left, so that will need to be done. I can guarantee the tanks are perfect inside.

Last Hydro was: 06/2008 for both the tanks. Both tanks have a 2008 manufacture year stamp so they won't need a hydro till 2013.

I paid $575 each new and am asking for $400 each firm. If they don't sell I'm completely happy to store them for a few years till I return. I just wanted to see if anyone was interested.

Attachments

• IMG_5117.jpg
    IMG_5117.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5116.jpg
    IMG_5116.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 38
not trying to be a pain i know it says 400 firm id buy them maybe 225 each thats gonna be the max ur gonna get for them and thatsy i only buy used tanks its not worth buyingnew ones and who ever charged u 525 hosed u i have a set of worthington steel hp 100 and they cost me 220 each

While I agree $575 new would be getting clipped in a big way lets not overstate it. I could pick up new ones for $350 each. These tanks a bit over a year into hydro still retain quite a bit of there value so saying $225 each is top dollar may be low balling but 400 is shooting way high also.

Thanks for the info. It's too bad I got ripped off on the tanks. I was talking Canadian dollars, but the exchange is pretty close at the moment.

I guess my best bet is to hold on to the tanks for the next couple of years till I'm living in Canada again and can use them.

Thats what I would do if I were you - you are highly unlikely to get close what you paid (and there are those who HATE faber tanks, going back to problems some years ago w/ the paint adhearance and rust issues....whatever; think its solved now, but there are those who would never buy this brand) -

Otoh, these tanks last forever so its not like you will not have some use for them - I would have no problems owning and using them

And PS - not to sound like an "ugly American" - but on this board, if you are selling something, to avoid confusion, you are far better to quote in American dollars

North east Scuba Supply Has Faber Tanks HP100-120 for 250 New But with Old hydro if he has any left. The price you seem to have paid unfortunatly seems a little High. I just bought 2 Brand New Worthing X-7 HP100 and got them for 320.00 each out the door. But either hang on to them or sell them for the best offer you can get. Good luck

i happen to own these exact tanks. i absolutely love their buoyancy when doubled or single. they are terrific in every way and the paint is in great shape used in both fresh and salt .... i happened to pay a pretty penny for them (about $380 each one year out of hydro) a few years back but can definitely say im content with them. i would certainly hold onto these if you cant afford to take less.

on a side note, its really annoying to see how shops rip people off for anything. but tanks are even worse. doesnt it seem that people buying their own tanks have a higher percentage chance of continuing their diving then the people only purchasing regs and a bc? ... it almost makes more sense to have the least profit margin on tanks since those are the people who will be supporting your shop the longest as a repeat customer????

thoughts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom