Two Divers Die In Same Incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know and have been out diving with the two divers who died, as string has said earlier please avoid any supposition as to what happened so that we can avoid any further hurt to their family and friends at this dificult time.

my deepst sympathies to their families and friends.

Greg Jenkins.

lakesdiver:
And I would add not for experienced divers who are drysuit novices.
why concern for new to dry suit?

Because many of the dive sites are extremely deep and cold. also can be difficult curents. Bearing in mind though that both divers who sadly died were both experienced divers and knew how to use dry suits.

wpscortland:
why concern for new to dry suit?
I have about 300 dives in a dry suit. After about a year of diving in warm water, I went diving last week in a dry suit in the cold waters off Rhode Island (USA). There are some skills that take practice. In addition, it takes many dives with a dry suit to become comfortable with it. Even very experienced divers should take the first few dry suit dives in very easy conditions.

jlayman800:
I have about 300 dives in a dry suit. After about a year of diving in warm water, I went diving last week in a dry suit in the cold waters off Rhode Island (USA). There are some skills that take practice. In addition, it takes many dives with a dry suit to become comfortable with it. Even very experienced divers should take the first few dry suit dives in very easy conditions.

What he said. If you go to Scapa, all those drysuit skills should be second-nature. Besides, that way you can focus on the ships, rather than focusing on the suit! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom