Two Big Steel Tanks For Trade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AnotherNewguy

Registered
Reaction score
I have two steel tanks that are a bit more than I expected when I bought them. They're LPs that have been used as doubles in the past. They're the 8 inch variety and 24 inches tall (Not including most of the boot or the valve). I took pictures of the markings that are really discernible and don't know what any of that means enough to identify the tanks.

I'm content using them but they're just not really necessary for the diving I do. I either dive shallow or from a boat so I will never empty them and they're freakin' heavy. I really liked HP100s that I used at the local dive shop and would love to find something in that range. Ultimately, just smaller.

As you can see in one of the pictures, the hydro is good for a little over another year and I just got the VIP done a few weeks ago. The dive shop guy also checked out the valves and replaced a part or two in there. I have absolutely no reason to believe anything is wrong with them, just wanting to go smaller if possible.

I'd REALLY prefer a trade for two HP100s but if there's value there, I could consider selling if I'm sure I can turn around and get tanks with the money. The valves are DIN but all my gear is yolk so I'll need either yolk valves or the adaptable kind and I'll keep my inserts. I honestly don't know what older tanks are worth so this is just a feeler to see what's out there. IMG_0121.jpgIMG_0122.jpgIMG_0123.jpgIMG_0125.jpgLet me know if anyone has any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 271
Wow, I botched the thread setup pretty bad. As the name states, I'm just another new guy. Apologies for the layout and scrambledness.

where are you located and what would you ask to buy them outright?

I'm in South Florida and, to be honest, I don't know what I'd want to sell them outright. If I find a set of tanks that'd work for me, I can basically plan a 3 way deal. I haven't really gotten that far yet, though. Got a number in mind?

I looked up the info when I got them and I believe them to be PST95s and about 120ish when overfilled (according to other threads here on scubaboard). Thanks, though.

I just realized I was measuring them wrong (I didn't realize you could see the tank from the bottom of the boot) so it looks like the tank is almost 27 inches. I'm now revising my theory to be that they are PST 104s.

Back
Top Bottom