Twinsets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hydreliox

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Anyone got an idea of the "best (better)" place to get a twinset from locally (anywhere in Phil)? I need 2 AL80s, bands, and isolation manifold. I believe AsiaDivers and AdventureWhiteTip sell them, but not sure on the quality of manifolds from either. From what I can gather AWT sell 'Ocean Dive Supplies' manupacker manifold.

Also heard that Aquamundo have started selling them, but I have yet to contact anyone there.

If anyone has any recommendations then let me know.

Cheers
:coffee:

Try Nautilus. They have 300 bar threaded manifolds and valves and "branded" ones. Tel # (02)8177293. They are at Arnaiz street in Makati city. You should also look at the Tec Asia (dave@techasia.ph) part of Asia Divers which is separate from their recreational operation in Puerto Galera. They are both Halcyon dealers if you wnat to go "branded" but Tec Asia has more Halcyon stuff on display.

Hope this helps.

I got most of my twinset stuff from Nautilus (bands and manifold), tanks I got from Diver's Network (Luxfer Al80s), regs from Scubaworld, Nautilus and Aquamundo - as well as the wing (Qtec III) and SS plate. All in all, I was able to get it all together for about 40K (or somewhere thereabouts).

P1010333.jpg

(I hope my wife doesn't read SB...)

Hydreliox,

I'd suggest getting everything from Aquaventure Whitetip in this case, although the cam bands would be cheaper from Divers Network as they are sourced locally rather than imported. Aquamundo do sell all the parts you'll need but you'll get much better valves from AVWT, I can't comment on the Aquamundo cam bands, although judging by the twin-set display in the Aquamundo store I'd suggest they've not had much experience with technical or twin-set diving.

Sadly the Al80's at AVWT will probablly need to be Catalina cylinders, Luxfer tanks have a much better balance as Catalina cylinders go very top heavy as the air pressure in them reduces - although Luxfer Al80's are harder to find here.

The AVWT Ocean Diver vales and manifolds are a good choice, the same valves can also be used for sidemount - on that point any reasons why you're looking to buy twin tanks rather than go sidemount? The new UTD Z-System Sidemount even lets you use the a similar manifold set-up to what is found on twin-sets.

Hope that helps,

Karl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom