twinning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nickjb

Contributor
Reaction score
A while ago there were a lot of pony bottles for sale 2nd hand. I suppose this was from people moving over to doubles. Now I see a lot of twinning bands and twinsets up for sale. Am I missing something? Surely everyone isn't heading over to rebreathers. Why the big twinset sell-off?

What size are the cylinders being sold?

I know quite a few people who are trading up from 10s to 12s. I know I did.

The Inspiration seems to be taking off now, something like a 6 month waiting list to get one, I believe. Can't see the attraction myself, but hey, I'm a DIR accolyte...

<chants>
Oh, great GI III give us your pearls of wisdom - we know we are farm animal stupid neopytes - punish us for the ills we have done...
(So on ad infinitum)
</chants> :wink:

I even know people who are trading up to 15s from 12s. Can't see it myself - there is a positive tradeoff from 10s to 12s - able to balance them on boats etc, but from 12s to 15s?

Chris

P.S. I do have a set of Custom Divers bands that I'm trying to get up the courage to sell. I just can't get over the moral hurdle of selling a pair of bands that have all the tensile strength of cheese to a fellow diver...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom