Twinjet-Open vs Full-How Much?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My Daughter (10) and I passed our OWD course last week. I was using the Open Heel Mares Plana Avanti fins I bought a couple of years ago and killed the top of my right foot. I must have over-stretched everything across the top of the foot and I feel that it was the stiffness of the Mares fins. Over the past couple of years I have gone snorkling 2-3 times a year and my feet aren't used to being stretched that way.

This past weekend my LDS let me try a pair of full foot Twinjets and I couldn't believe how comfortable they were. Since they were so easy to use I almost felt as if they had more thrust than the stiffer fins because the stiffer fins hurt so much and I wasn't kicking them as hard.

What is the price difference between the full foot and the open heel and what is a good price for each?

Thanks,

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom