Twin LP50's question on manifolds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redrover31

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi

For those that have double LP50's, is there a preference to use the 185mm/190mm manifold vs the std 215mm manifold.

I have access to either one and appropriate bands. Is there any benefit to having the tanks closer together, or a bit wider apart in terms of balance. Or is it an either/or situation with not much difference either way.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

Don't see a major difference...
I personally would use a standard manifold, ( I don't like non standard things). It can be used on other tanks down the road...
And if you have a bigger wing it will hold it in place better...
Maybe if it's the longer manifold it may sit closer to your back... but its probably only 1/4 - 1/8 th difference at best....

The narrow one is considerably easier to reach valves. That is the only difference I have found.

Can also better manage the narrow one with things like the Rec wing from dive rite or some of the other narrow doubles wings. I use a standard one for taco effect so I can use my big doubles wings but no real benefit

I have a set that has a non isolating short cross-over. I like the narrower profile but it is really about finding the matching bands and manifold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom