Twin Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lovetodive2

Reaction score
Well I'll start the new post and I am sure Dee, Beast and Tony will add to it. First I want to say it was great to finally meet Dee and Beast. I look forward to many dives and gatherings with them. It was great to see you again Tony too and can't wait to dive with you!!!!

I stopped by Twin Lakes this afternoon and meant them. Beast and Tony dove and Dee and I visited. It was a great day and
I look forward to diving this weekend. The water was clear and
I'll let the boys say how their dive was.

I think Mike (the owner) is really looking forward to us all showing up and lending a hand this weekend. He's working hard to make it a great dive site. I look forward to diving so close to home at a place like Twin Lakes.

All day long... All I could think about were you guys diving and having fun at the lake.Bummer I couldn`t get off work in time.

Steve...we wondered what happened to you. I'm still getting over a cold so I stayed dry today but Beast had a blast. I can't wait until this weekend to dive Twin Lakes myself. Beast and Tony reported lots of fish in the grass and they figure the fishermen will pay $5 to know just how deep they are!

The floating docks are really nice. I can't believe I didn;t take my camera but this weekend I'll have it for some topside as well as underwater pics. Beast said the water temp above 15ft. is in the mid 70's so I can leave the wetsuit at home!

It was really nice to finally meet Tina aka luvstodive2. She's funny and fits right in with the TSDT's twisted sense of humor!

Ya'll come on out Sat and/or Sunday and see what all the improvements are. I think Twin Lakes is going to be a great local hangout. We've got plans for a weekly mid-week dive all summer.

I have such a great time seein' you guys, be it at a dive site, or at our "favorite" resturant. Glad to see you again Tina, and actually get to talk a little. Missed ya' Steve!

Doug, even with all the bobbing about, my comsumption was equal to my best numbers, so there's something to the atomics. Already looking foward to next week, reckon' we can fit in a trip to Joe's too?....LOL

We stayed around 15-20 ft. chasing the bass and perch out of the grass and following the old road bed out to the middle of the east lake. The thermocline is VERY pernounced around 25-30 and viz drops.
The bottom has clumps of grey clay that look like rocks (da' Beast says turtles) and I'm still trying to figure out what kind of tracks are all over the bottom.

I'll be cutting campfire wood this weekend up in the country, so all of you Swampsters that make it out to work and dive, do it safe and have a great time!

remember to say a little prayer for Daltons loved ones.

tony

Well I just got a call from T.P.H. He said it's suppose to rain tomorrow too, 70% chance. He talked to Mike at Twin lakes and it
sounds like we probably won't be meeting there.
I am up for it if it's not raining. Just wanted to pass the word.

I just checked the weather forcast and IF they are to be believed, looks like we're in dry dock this weekend! :(

Hey everyone

T.P.H. just called and said that Twin lakes is still on. Said they got some rain but not as much as other areas. So, if you still want to show it will be there....

Originally posted by lovetodive2
Hey everyone

T.P.H. just called and said that Twin lakes is still on. Said they got some rain but not as much as other areas. So, if you still want to show it will be there....

I just talked to TPH too! He went out to the Lake this evening to check it out for himself and he said it was a slick clay loblolly! We decided it's just too nasty to try to get anything done. The road between the two lakes is closed so none of the work planned along there can be done. With the run-off, the viz is way down except maybe right in the middle.

So, since I talked to him LAST (9PM) I can report we are truly dry docked! Do NOT go out there in the morning.

More than likely we will set another date.I went out this morn and had a nice one on one with him ( Mike ).He is going to go ahead and get some road material brought in so the lake will be accessable after a rain.Also when it dries up a bit.I`ll start up the dozer and work on the south shore.I will talk to him about a walk-in access since it wouldn`t take much scraping with the dozer to put one in.
We will get together on a date after The Awesome Trip To Travis comming up.I can hardly wait.........

Back
Top Bottom