Twin Lakes or Blue Lagoon, Sat July 10th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UndrWatrDan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm trying to decide between Twin Lakes or Blue Lagoon for this weekend. Going to take some kids to get familiar with new equipment before we go to Cozumel at the end of the month. We did their certs at Blue Lagoon and wanted to take them somewhere else but I've never been to Twin Lakes. What's the vis like at Twin Lakes? What is the water temp? Depth of thermoclines and what is the temp change? How much is the entry fee? Any discounts for Instructors and Divemasters?

Any help would be appreciated.

Danny
www.divingrebels.org

Dee or TPH would have the most up to date info on Twin Lakes.

TL is South of Houston 288/Hwy 6. Depth is around 50 ft or so with 3 or so platforms @20 ft. Vis will range from 5-10 ft. Some days are better than others. Theres lots of fish and a few sunken boats and such as well. There is an air refill station, tables and gear benches. Current temp is fine for a 3 mill or shorty down to 20-25 ft depending on the time of year then will drop off quickly beyond that.

Diving at Twin Lakes is about same as any other place but what I like is that the Owner is doing what he can to fix up the place up all the time. It's closer for most than the Lagoon (which gets run down more and more all the time) and after you get the classes in the water there vis isn't any better and theres no fish to see.

Hi bud...It`s a no brainer..TwinLakes is by far the most up to date easy to enter and exit,most relaxing and diver freindly place to dive. w.w.w.scabapark.netwill give you all the info you will need .The owner along with a few of us and others,give the place our all in keepin the lake clean and ready for divers as well as non- divers.There are 3 12x20 platforms suspended at 20ft.for divers to train on wich by the way is above the thermocline,nice and warm.There are 4 floating docks with entry stairs so one can walk in or stride in or any way you want to fall in.They have a new Bowers air system for air fills and a Portolet for your convienience.Fees...$12 for divers,$6 for air fills,$5 for hanging out all day non-divers.Come on out and join the fun..Viz now is 20 to 30.Sat and Sun. brings around 200+ people diving or affliated with diving.Look me up.I`ll be doing the fills on the weekends.

Danny, I talked to Nick this morning and he said ya'll might be down. In addition to what Steve said....the vis is similar to BL, it's just greenish instead of whitish. Last weekend it was 10 ft or so because of the recent rains. Plus there is fish life that the students will enjoy. Instructors entry fee is free if you're teaching a class, half price is you're not. Same for DM 's.

I know TL is a farther distance than BL for you but I think ya'll will like it. Let me know if you go to TL and I'll meet ya there. I'd love to see you and Jill again.

Dee:
I know TL is a farther distance than BL for you but I think ya'll will like it. Let me know if you go to TL and I'll meet ya there. I'd love to see you and Jill again.

Dee,
Not sure which place we are going yet. I'm at work but get off at 10am. I'll talk to Jill and it will probably be tonight before I get a chance to post where we will be going. I'll post here and drop you a PM also as soon as we decide. I'd like to try TL, I think the kids we are taking will enjoy seeing the fish.

Danny
www.divingrebels.org

Looks like we will be heading to Twin Lakes tomorrow. Should arrive around 1 - 2 pm. Look forward to meeting fellow Swamp Divers. We'll be in a navy excursion and have a couple kids 12 and 15 with us. Dee, we look forward to seeing you again.

Danny
www.divingrebels.org

Cool....see ya there!

Back
Top Bottom