Twin Lakes Bouys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captjohn

Registered
Reaction score
Saturday I was hanging bouys at Twin Lakes.
I was working with Mike and Dave aka tekndv3x
So far I have the bread racks marked with a "Danger" bouy
The next thing was to put a red and orange bouy on the bus. See
attachment.
Next weekend I will be marking more stuff. If you have any suggestions please let me know

You mean ya'll are tired of the Tide soap jugs? ;^) I hope you didn't scare off that big bass hanging out under that old platform.

Thanks!

I still can't believe Beast and I haven't met you or Dave at the lake yet. We're there almost every weekend and on Wed., weather permitting!

What are the breadracks? Why are they marked with a "danger" bouy? Just curious! Dan

ever been in a bakery? Know those large wire shelve the bread is on? Well, that's a bread rack.... the ones in TL are pretty heavy and were used to anchor things down and pose no hazzards. As to John marking them with bouys, I imagine the "danger" bouys were some he aquired and donated to TL. The surface marking makes it nice to catch a bearing to on the surface and then navigate to the rack/boat/object marked. Hope this answers your question.

tony

Thanks. I didn't think they were literally bread racks. Assumed this was a nick name for some other structure under the water. Thanks again!

As Mike asked me to do I marked the bread racks with the danger bouy.
And yes they are very heavy I had to use 150 lbs of lift to float one of them over to were he wants them. I still have one more to move. We are hoping the bass will hang around them and be a good place to hang and watch them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom