Twin Lakes 12-04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jstuart1

Contributor
Reaction score
Went to TL this morning and there were a few people there. It was the first time I had been since the first week of Nov. All I can say is BRRRRR!!! The water is 65 deg and with my 3mil+ dive skin it was to chilly for me. It was 75 last time I was there and I had no idea the temp had changed so much. Well I guess diving is over for me until early spring. :06: I don't have a dry suit and have no desire for a 5-7 mil wetsuit.

jstuart1:
Went to TL this morning and there were a few people there. It was the first time I had been since the first week of Nov. All I can say is BRRRRR!!! The water is 65 deg and with my 3mil+ dive skin it was to chilly for me. It was 75 last time I was there and I had no idea the temp had changed so much. Well I guess diving is over for me until early spring. :06: I don't have a dry suit and have no desire for a 5-7 mil wetsuit.

Our local watering hole (CSSP) is 58f now,,,brrrrrr,,, Takes a 7mil....semi-dry or dry suit.

texdiveguy:
Our local watering hole (CSSP) is 58f now,,,brrrrrr,,, Takes a 7mil....semi-dry or dry suit.

I am going to have to learn to dive dry and get a suit if I plan to dive through the winter. Sure hate to stop until Feb/ March. I don't like the restriction of a 3 mil suit so I know I wouldn't like a 5-7. Dry is my only other option.

jstuart1:
I am going to have to learn to dive dry and get a suit if I plan to dive through the winter. Sure hate to stop until Feb/ March. I don't like the restriction of a 3 mil suit so I know I wouldn't like a 5-7. Dry is my only other option.

I would like to have a dry suit, but can not afford the price of one and the few extras you need. I setted for a 7/5 mil semi-dry by Tilos then added full hood-boots and groves. The manfc. says the low end comfort level is 48f,,,,,,yea I bet, I'll see-lol!

I have a Henderson 7/5 semi-dry with a built in hood. I wear it with a core warmer, and at 54F (last winter at TL), I was toasty (except for my hands). I'll admit that the 7/5 is a little bit restricting, but at least it's functional and will keep me in the water year 'round.

I played hooky Friday and went to our local CSSP. The temp was 57, which was about the same as last weekend. I had the place to myself until a couple of hardcore zealots arrived a few hours later. ( I am NOT addicted - I can quit anytime I want to. I just don't want to right now.)

jstuart1:

Where is Twin Lakes? I am from Houston and will probably check it out when the weather gets warmer...Thanks.

Twin Lakes is in Manvel, Texas. From downtown Houston, take 288 South to Rt. 6. Take rt. 6 S (or E. - it's a left turn) and go about 2 miles. Twin Lakes is on the right side of the road.

The viz has been between 3-10ft for the last couple of months, depending on what part of the lake you're in. The north and east sides have better viz than the east and south sides because these are where the docks are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom