Twin Jet vs. Twin Speed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schu1842

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I tried a friend's twin jets several weeks ago and they were great. I've been looking at scubapro splits on the net and see that they also have a twin speed model. Anyone know how they compare and why scubapro has two fins that seem so similar? Thanks.

ok like a week ago i was in the same place... i founf the twins jets to be easrer to kick with and a much more relaxed kick....the speeds are stiffer and not as versatile. i say go with the twin jets in the blue or yellow those 2 are the lesser stiff ones of all the colors..

rescue teen:
ok like a week ago i was in the same place... i founf the twins jets to be easrer to kick with and a much more relaxed kick....the speeds are stiffer and not as versatile..

:eyebrow:
I owned the twin jets and traded them in for the twin speeds. They are stiffer and do take a bit more effort. However, they are worth it. They give you much more precision in your movement, allowing great frog kicks, backward movement and a tiny twitch on the fin gives great maneuvering. Movement of a paddle with the easiness of a split. After 30+ years in a jet fin, I'll never go back from the twin speeds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom