twas the night before Christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

duckster3d

Contributor
Reaction score
Twas the night before Christmas, and all thru the house, a diver was hoping for a gift from his spouse.

His drysuit was hung by the chimney with care, along with his tanks, fresh filled with air.

His scooter was nestled, all snug in it's case, while thoughts of deep water brought a smile to his face.

With the wife cooking dinner and him with a beer, settling down to reflect upon the previous year.

He thought about all of the diving he'd done, all the training, the teaching, and all of the fun.

When in came his wife, yelling "Surprise", he jumped from his chair and rubbed both of his eyes.

Away to her arms he flew like a bird, grabbed the presents before she could say one more word.

And with childish excitement he just couldn't hide-he tore open the boxes and looked at what was inside.

When what to his wandering eyes should appear, but a gift certificate to get scuba gear!

And a book about diving from Gary Gentile, along with a wet suit and brand new wreck reel.

So many gifts, none were the same - and he whistled and shouted and called them by name.

Now Dive Rite, now Scuba Pro, - even a rebreather, his wife had done it all, he just couldn't believe her!

His eyes how they twinkled, he just couldn't hide the feelings of happiness he felt deep inside.

He spoke not a word as he picked up his dive knife, he just turned around and looked at his wife.

He slowly got down upon bended knees, said "honey, I love you, but i'm off to the Keys."

And I heard him exclaim as he gathered his gear, "MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY FELLOW DIVERS, AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR".

poem by Doug & Ronna Newton

I bow to you, Duckster. THAT was excellent!

With all the things he had, what did anybody think of to GET him? I want to know, because I'll get it for my husband :)

Great poem.

Back
Top Bottom