TWARS (This Week at Reef Seekers) - September 8-15, 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Getting ready to go to Yap
(please scroll down for details)
mail
mail
Gonna be a short one . . .

LEAVING FOR YAP IN THE MORNING - Needless to say - especially for those who know me well - I'm leaving for the airport in 12 hours and still haven't finished packing (although I'm a bit further ahead than usual at this time). So this is going to be somewhat abbreviated. But we're getting ready for another fun adventure diving the waters that surround Yap (Micronesia) and hope to see things like in the images above. A few of our people have already started their journey and are overnighting in Honolulu tonight. Another leaves from Dulles in the morning, one more leaves from San Diego (through SFO), and two of us leave from LAX. We'll all eventually (hopefully) end up in Guam and that's where we'll get the short flight (90 minutes) down to Yap. It takes almost 24 hours all told to get there but it's well worth the effort.

MANTA RAY BAY RESORT - That'll be our home-away-from-home through September 22 and we're looking forward to seeing old friends again. It looks like we'll have a bit of weather when we arrive as the tail end of a storm system that moving through Micronesia will likely leave us with some rain on Thursday and Friday. But we're going to get wet anyhow so what the heck?

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK - You can enjoy some of the diving with us as I hope to post Daily Top 10 Pix each day on both the Ken Kurtis and Reef Seekers FaceBook pages. I'll also send TWARS next week from Yap. But this is definitely a place you should have on your must-go-dive list. And hopefully you'l see why in the pix we post.

So I'm going to apologize for the brevity and get back to packing. Have a great week and hopefully we can take YOU diving sometime soon!!!

- Ken​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom