TWARS (This Week at Reef Seekers) - September 1-8, 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Crowded beach, Yap, Pre-Check, and more
(please scroll down for details)
Since you just got the September newsletter, this will be relatively brief . . .

WHY I DON'T DO BEACH DIVES ON HOLIDAY WEEKENDS - This is what our beloved Vets Park/Redondo looked like at 4PM today. Yikes!!! I don't even want to think about how tough it would have been to park.​
mail
GEARING UP FOR YAP - As I mentioned in the newsletter, we're leaving for Yap on September 9 and are making all of the final preparations this week. Be on the lookout for our Daily Top 10 pix. Also the September 15 edition of TWARS will come from Yap.

DO YOU HAVE TSA PRE-CHECK? - If you don't you should. (I'm probably sensitive to this because I'm about to do a lot of traveling in the next three months.) It's really all about saving time so ask yourself: What your time is worth? The lines are always shorter and they move through the screening much more quickly than the standard line does. Pre-Check costs $78 for 5 years which is $15.60/year. It easily saves you 30 minutes or more anytime you depart from a U.S. airport. Even if you are a minimum wage worker and you only do one round-trip within the U.S. each year, that hour overall it saves you pays for itself. On top of that - and this is why it's so fast - you leave your shoes on, your laptop in your carry-on, and you walk through a simple metal-detector rather than raising your hands like a criminal for the full-body scan. In short, there's no logical reason NOT to get it. You can get started on-line through this link: APPLY FOR TSA PRE-CHECK.

EXCITING DISCOVERY - Scientists mapping unexplored parts of the ocean off of Chile came across a large seamount and are very excited because it contained some never-before-seen species. You can see pictures and read more about it here: NEW SPECIES DISCOVERED.

And that'll do it for now. Have a great week and let's go diving soon!!!

- Ken​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom