TWARS (This Week at Reef Seekers) - April 1-8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Want to travel??? Upcoming 2018 vacation trips:

• April 14-21 - Bonaire (SOLD OUT)
• June 8-20 - Yap Immersion (7 going - room for a few more)
• August 18-25 - Isla Mujeres (Whale Sharks, Cancun Underwater Museum, Cenotes)
• October 27 - November 3 - Roatan at Anthony's Key (3 SPOTS LEFT)

GET MORE INFO ON ALL OF OUR VACATION TRIPS HERE: Foreign Trips
—————————————————————————
Upcoming local dives & classes:

• Sat., Apr. 7 - Redondo - Navigation class (single dive - $25)
• Tue., Apr. 10 - Redondo - Squid Dive (FREE!!!)
• Sat., Apr. 28 - Catalina Express - Underwater Park ($150)
• Wed., May 2 - CHAMBER DAY & EVE - PLEASE SUPPORT THE CATALINA HYPERBARIC CHAMBER
• Thu., May 10 - Redondo - Night Dive (FREE!!!)
• Sat., May 19 - Catalina Express - Avalon Underwater Park ($150)
• Thu., May 24 - CLASS - NAUI Nitrox ($25)

To sign up for any of these dives, either call us at 310/652-4990 or e-mail us at kenkurtis@aol.com
—————————————————————————

This is a day I love, but one when I trust nothing that anyone tells me . . .

APRIL FOOLS NEWSLETTER - Hopefully you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. It really DOES get harder to fool you all each year but I'm glad most o you enjoy it now for the entertainment value. And I appreciate the e-mails that many of you have sent back to me about this labor-of-love. Seems the articles that have resonated the most have been the airfill app and Trump and the marine sanctuaries. Anytime I put this annual issue together, choosing what the lead article is going to be is always tricky. Is it something that should sound plausible? Or perhaps something designed to get a rise out of you? I had thought of leading with Trump but I feared that might have set too many of you off (sadly, it sounds plausible) so I decided to bump it to the third position on page two. And for those wondering or who have asked, all the phone numbers and people listed are real numbers for real people. David Edford really is the Dodger Stadium Facilities Director and Dr. Peggy Fong really does have a lab at UCLA. (Hopefully you gave them my best when you called.) And obviously feel free to share whatever gems you choose with whomever you choose.

WHY THIS IS SO SHORT - Since it's still April 1 and since I just sent you four pages of bogus material (although the vacation and local trip listings were legit), I wouldn't expect you to believe anything else I write with an April 1 date. So that's why this one's going to end here.

Have a great week and let's go diving soon (like maybe this Saturday at Redondo)!!!

- Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom