TWARS (This Week at Ree Seekers) - April 29 - May 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Want to travel??? Upcoming 2018 vacation trips:

• June 8-20 - Yap Immersion (7 going - room for a few more)
• August 18-25 - Isla Mujeres (Whale Sharks, Cancun Underwater Museum, Cenotes)
• October 27 - November 3 - Roatan at Anthony's Key (3 SPOTS LEFT)

GET MORE INFO ON ALL OF OUR VACATION TRIPS HERE: Foreign Trips
———————————————————————————————————————————
Upcoming local dives & classes:

• Wed., May 2 - CHAMBER DAY & EVE - PLEASE SUPPORT THE CATALINA HYPERBARIC CHAMBER
• Thu., May 10 - Redondo - Night Dive (FREE!!!)
Sat., May 19 - Catalina Express - Avalon Underwater Park ($150)
• Thu., May 24 - CLASS - NAUI Nitrox ($25)

To sign up for any of these dives, either call us at 310/652-4990 or e-mail us at kenkurtis@aol.com
———————————————————————————————————————————

Busy, busy, busy . . .

CHAMBER DAY 2018 IS ONLY THREE DAYS AWAY - As you can imagine, the days leading up to any Chamber Day are fairly hectic for me personally, even more so this year since I was in Bonaire a week ago, so this is going to be fairly short.

CHAMBER DAY IS THIS WEDNESDAY - We are sold out on Chamber Eve but we still have room on the boats as well as the Flying Dutchman and the Chamber Challenge. We have a real shot at going past $100,000 again this year but it's all going to come down to these last few days as well as Chamber Day/Eve itself. So if you haven't contributed yet, please give some thought to doing so. And if you're already a participant but you know someone who hasn't given anything yet, maybe give them a little nudge. The link at the top of this page will take you to the website.Hope to see you Wednesday!!! (And will I ever be glad when Thursday rolls around . . .)

BONAIRE REPORT & PIX - Everything's done but I haven't had time to upload it to the website. Hopefully that'll happen tomorrow sometime and then I'll send a special note. But the pix are all up on SmugMug and if you'd like to see what we saw (and what you missed), here's the direct link: BONAIRE - APRIL 2018 - kenkurtis .

DON'T MISS OUT ON THESE TRIPS - I've still got room on Yap in June, Isla Mujeres in August, and Roatan in October/November. We always have a god time and it's always nice to dive as a group since you definitely get some considerations that you can't get when traveling by yourself. (Things like a boat to ourselves, custom schedule, private tours, etc.)

L.A. TIMES ARTICLE ABOUT ELEPHANTS - Fascinating article Sunday's L.A. Times about the extinction of large land mammals and how it coincides with the expansion of civilization and what it all means for our future survival (The more humans spread, the smaller other mammals get. Elephants, rhinos and hippos had better watch out). And it got me to wondering if the same principle applies to the oceans? Gotta be some sort of a parallel.

GONNA BE AT CHAMBER EVE? - Don't forget we've changed up how we do the raffle this year. There are three "targeted" prizes and the Grand Prize (a Guadalupe trip with Nautilus Explorer) is now a separate ticket and we only sell 1,000 of them at the event. Make sure you give yourself the best shot at winning the prize you want.

And that'll do it for now. Have a great week and let's go diving soon!!!

- Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom