"TV-free world ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
would be a better place because TV is fundamentally a corrupting influence on human kind!"

If you believe in the above statement and live in DC,VA MD area, I need you on my TV show. Be prepared to share personal experiences, stories, childhood memories along with your reasoning to support this view.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Um, I'm missing something here, right?

OK lemme get this straight. You're going on TV to convince people of how bad TV is? Seems to me that, if you are successful, you will only have proved yourself wrong. Sort of like a self defeating argument...

would be a better place because TV is fundamentally a corrupting influence on human kind!"

Nothing quite so profound but my world is already TV free just because there's so little worth watching and the commercials make it impossible to watch. Out here in the country we don't get anything without a dish or cable. I dumped my cable service quite a few years back and, most recently, I didn't even bother to get a digital converter so I couldn't watch TV even if I were so inclined (that'll be the day).

I occasionally must stay in motels and sometimes I flip through the channels a bit. I see that I'm not missing anything. LOL

I do enjoy movies though and I have a pretty good selection of tapes and DVDs which I continue to grow. I schedule my own programming and there's no commercials.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom