Tuwanek

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is a good question since I have never checked the tides for there. But if I was to check I would use this site and click on Porpoise Bay or Boom Islet.

Locality map - Pacific - Zone 10

TWR's suggestion to reference Porpoise Bay is probably the easiest solution.

If you have a printed copy of the Pt. Atkinson tables, here are the corrections for sites along Sechelt Inlet from my copy of the Sunshine Coast and Area Tide Tables booklet:

Egmont
High Tide: Add 10 min. add 1.1ft.
Low Tide: Add 9 minutes subtract 0.1ft.

Skookumchuck Narrows
Add 1hr. 45min. plus 5min. for each foot of rise, 7min. for each foot of fall

Porpoise Bay
High Tide: Add 2hr. 50min, subtract 6.9ft.
Low Tide: Add 2hr., subtract 1.9ft.

That said, Tuwanek is one of the least current sensitive sites around here that I can think of, even on big exchanges you have to really pay attention to notice the water is moving.

What Scott says. You don't have to worry about and current there and I don't think low or high tide makes any difference to the sites. We were there Dec 27th and viz was at least 50 feet. Found a pair of wolf eels on the North Islet couple of gpo's plus a juvenille wolf eel on the South islet.

Stuart

Never much current to worry about. Really the only reason to look at tide charts is to plan whether or not you will need to walk 5 feet or 50 from the street to the water. Point ak. works fine.

Back
Top Bottom