Tusa Xpert Zoom vs. Apollo Bio Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need a new pair becasue these ones do not fit over my drysuit boots. But still keeping them for wetsuit diving

CompuDude:
The yellow bio-fins are closer to the XTs (in stiffness) than the black originals, if memory serves. If I ever buy another pair of splits, it'll probably be pretty yellow ones for fun easy tropical dives. I do prefer the extra oomfph of the XTs in more turbid local waters, however. So I can't quite bring myself to part with them, and they're just expensive enough I can't bring myself to buy another pair of splits just for the color, when the ones I have now work so well... although honestly I just don't use them very often (in the ocean) at this point. For most of my diving, done dry, I prefer my Jets.

I would have probably gotten the XTs but they don't come in my size - extra small.

My wife uses the bio-fins (size M) now but the post's metal ring broke on one side so I am probably going to be getting a set of Xpert Zooms for her. I have heard great things about them from some friends.

I tried to call Apollo on it and they said they could sell me a new fin for $90.. I started laughing before I realized it was out loud.... I thought they may actually warranty the fin but I do not have the receipt anymore and bought them just over a year ago (they only had about 15 dives on them).

So Apollo lost my purchases, and those of my wife's as well.

Never used the Apollo fins but I have the Tusa Xpert zoom fins and I love them.. Get the black ones since they are the stiffer compound..

I have Tusa X-pert Zoom and I like them a lot. My friend believes that the rubber made skubapro and apollo fins are better since they are made of a better material. i would disagree with him somewhat. Tusa is made of rubber as well, however it does have plastic inserts.

scubapatton:
My wife uses the bio-fins (size M) now but the post's metal ring broke on one side so I am probably going to be getting a set of Xpert Zooms for her. I have heard great things about them from some friends.

I tried to call Apollo on it and they said they could sell me a new fin for $90.. I started laughing before I realized it was out loud.... I thought they may actually warranty the fin but I do not have the receipt anymore and bought them just over a year ago (they only had about 15 dives on them).

So Apollo lost my purchases, and those of my wife's as well.
Have you tried going to the shop where you bought your fins from? Sometimes they can help you out. That's one advantage to buying locally. (I suspect a good online shop like ScubaToys may be helpful also.)

That said, the warranty is for one year, per their website. I suspect that's pretty much standard compared to other manufacturers.

Still, if you can find a proof of purchase (contact the place you bought it), if it's close to the one year date sometimes a company will sometimes still honor the warranty and cover the loss. Especially if you post in a a public forum like SB. Try asking in their manufacturer forum here on SB: http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=491

CompuDude:
I love the bio-fin XTs. Screaming fast, solid natural rubber that will outlive me, and you can actually feel the fins to have a sense of what you are doing in the water, and yet you still get the effortless advantage splits offer in the right circumstances. I would rate the XTs as the best split, period.

I've only tried other split fins sporadically but I've gotta agree with CompuDude here. I love my Bio-Fin XT's with the C-series spring straps. Not the lightest out there by far, but the feel and power with so little effort certainly has greatly benefited my diving experiences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom