TUSA Xpert Zoom Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clarissa1

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Any opinions on the TUSA Xpert zoom fins? I currently own the Seac Sub Manta fins which are crap and definitely need to get new fins ASAP. So far these TUSA's are my 1st choice, but the exagerated angle is bothering me a bit?

Can anyone who owns them, please tell me what you think or whether you'd rather suggest something different.

Dont want to buy lousy fins again

Thanks

I've got them and absolutely love them!

I have them also. They work great for me, no troubles at all.

I have some too, and enjoy them-dont let the angle bother you,it has helped reduce the cramps I used to get in the calves a lot.Iv had mine for several years-the only change Ive made were to install some spring straps.Very durable and fast when you need it...

Drew

I've got them and like them. never had any cramping problems with them either, which I've had with other fins.

The angle won't bother you at all. I'm sure they did some test to come up with that design that you get more thrust with that angle. You won't notice it after you use them.

One small thing to note about these fins... the black ones are a "little stiffer" by design. Their idea behind this was to take one set/color and make them a little stiffer for people who wanted them that way.

MSRP for these in the US is I think $189. You can pick them up at most places that are competitive for $129, which is the "minimum advertised price" allowed per the Tusa dealer agreement. I've seen them on sale sometimes at several places for around $99.

Yes, they are a great fin, and a SCUBALAB Tester's Choice Fin. Got great ratings in all the tests. We sell them for $129, which is the lowest price you can get them at and keep the warranty. Once you get a great fin it's worth the price and they'll last almost forever, as long as you take care of them. Of course, they'll come out with some new design that you'll eventually have to have so you'll find a new reason to "upgrade"! Isn't that what new scuba gear is about?
http://crazyscuba.com/pd_xpert.cfm

Britt
CrazyScuba.com

I have three sets of fins, one of them being the Tusa X-Pert Zoom. These are really nice fins for open water type dives where you won't be getting near anything and plan on moving around. Splits often give people problems because there's a technique to getting the most out of them but when you do it, they work a lot better than my Jets or other paddle fins. Their weakness is that they don't allow much in the way of fine control and alternate kicks. You can still do alternate kicks but I find other kicks to be much weaker with the Zooms than with my other fins.

In short, if most of your dives get you close to the reef or bottom, inside a wreck or cave, fighting a current or if you often find yourself kicking up silt, stay away from splits all together. If the above is not the case, then the Tusa X-Pert Zooms are a nice fin.

I have them and like them very much. I've read quite a bit about all the negatives of split fins. Personally, I've never experienced anything negative. I can't comment on Haltron's point, the only kicks I've used are the flutter, modified flutter and frog.

JR

Last July I was taking AOW with my regular dive buddy who had a pair of Tusas, we were doing a lot of dives for the course and my regular fins started killing my feet (arch cramping and calfs sore) I borrowed his Xpert Zooms for one dive and I was hooked! Stopped by the dive shop on the way out to the lake for the next day of diving and bought a pair, added a pair of spring straps and they are the BEST FINS EVER! I did buy the black ones for the extra stiffness, due to diving river currents often. Other than that definitely AAA+++ fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom