Tusa X-Pert Zoom Split vs Mares Volo Power

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mulefeathers

Contributor
Reaction score
I am in the market for new fins. I have used the Tusa liked them but am a fan of Mares gear. I have the Demon and x Vision mask as well the Avanti Quattro fins. I am looking for something that offers easy kick but good power. There is no were I can try the Volo so I was wondering how they stack up against the split Tusa

Holy cow, like night and day! I have the Volo Power's for summer diving and the Quattros for winter diving. The Volo's offer excellent power and performance for helicopter, sculling and straight up power kicking. The split fin is ok but not as powerful as the volo. You will kick about 1.5 times more per kick cycle with the split fin. Great if you have a little less leg development and need a fin that is easier to kick. Either fin is good but in my humble opinion the volo is great.

I agree with Debraw... You are comparing apples and oranges: Not only are you comparing a paddle fin to a split fin (there are many threads on that topic) but you are also throwing in the OPB (Optimized Pivoting Blade) and Channel Thrust concepts that the Volo boasts...

The main issue is going to come down to the age old arguement of paddle fin vs. split fins... I personally am on the paddle side. I actually owned a pair of Volos (not Volo Powers). Got them when they first came out. I thought they were too soft and went back to the Omersub Fins I was using at the time. Anyone compared the Volos to the Volo Powers? :popcorn:

I have both! I was diving in the Keys and didn't bring my Volo powers to save space. Got a pair of Tusa X-pert Zooms from a friend. I like the Tusas, but my favorite fins are the Volos because of their control.

I am not trying nor do I want to debate the paddle vs split issue. I want peoples experience with one or both of these to fins. The next set will be one these two as I stated I already have on set of Mares and I like there gear. Just want something different.

my wife and i have had x-pert zoom for 2 years. we've used them in lakes and ocean.
easy kick, good power.

Back
Top Bottom