Tusa Tri-EX fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jasoncassanova

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
anybody has any experience with this one? i'm comparing this with the Tusa Imprex Fins

I used to have them and my wife still has a pair.

I generally liked them. The foot pocket was comfortable and had a bit of flex to it and the angle of the fin/foot pocket made for comfortable finning.

However I found that they were really long and were positively buoyant. My wife had some difficulty trimming out due to buoyant feet with them. We've both since switched to Force Fins and have no intention to go back.

My wife's pair of Tusa Tri-ex's are just hanging in the gear closet. They are yellow and black, size medium. They have about 30 dives on them and I have both the rubber straps and two sizes of spring straps for them. If she's willing to give them up I'd sell them. PM me if you have any interest and I'll get you pics and a price.

I used to have them and my wife still has a pair.

I generally liked them. The foot pocket was comfortable and had a bit of flex to it and the angle of the fin/foot pocket made for comfortable finning.

However I found that they were really long and were positively buoyant. My wife had some difficulty trimming out due to buoyant feet with them. We've both since switched to Force Fins and have no intention to go back.

My wife's pair of Tusa Tri-ex's are just hanging in the gear closet. They are yellow and black, size medium. They have about 30 dives on them and I have both the rubber straps and two sizes of spring straps for them. If she's willing to give them up I'd sell them. PM me if you have any interest and I'll get you pics and a price.

thanks for the detailed explanation, i appreciate it, well i don't mind having long fins, i think i find them best suited for me, coz i tried some big fins on my intro dive last week.

anyway i just found out that my size is large and if ever you'd ship them here in the philippines, it would cost me double :D

thanks again :wink:

Ok. You might also want to look at the reviews on Scuba.com. They have a lot of different brands of fins and just about any other type of dive gear you can think of. While you may not choose to purchase from them, the reviews from other purchasers may help you decide what to get.

Good luck and safe diving.

My Girlfriend also has a pair of them and has the same problem but im sure her drysuit has a little impact so she wear ankle weights but she really likes them

I use both types and like them. Tri-X is stiffer than Imprex. I like the angled blade on Tri-X. I don't notice any particular feet float, but then again, I use 5mm boots. Both are good fins for all kicks and excellent values.

Back
Top Bottom