tusa rs350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ringojcp

Reaction score
So i have a brand spanking new rs350. I bought this thing two hundred miles away but have a service center here where i am. Anywho, hooked it up for the first time and the thing is freaking free flowing!!!! what's up with that.

what i wanted to know is since this is my first tusa. is it worth servicing this thing and keeping it considering what happened, or go with another brand

is this how tusa's quality control work?

ringojcp:
So i have a brand spanking new rs350. I bought this thing two hundred miles away but have a service center here where i am. Anywho, hooked it up for the first time and the thing is freaking free flowing!!!! what's up with that......................is this how tusa's quality control work?

TUSA products are widely distributed around the world. Their quality control is quite good. However, authorized dealers are supposed to run a series of checks on any product like this before delivery. When we put new regulators in service (regardless of the brand) we often need to adjust them to make sure things like this don't happen. It appears that your dealer didn't do the pre-delivery prep correctly. Take it back and get it adjusted. You will get years of great service from the TUSA RS-350. It is a great regulator. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

so you're saying that this is normal then, because my wife uses one, a, rs230 and she's happy with it
i just didn't want to think that this is a manufacture's fault that's all

I have a 350 and have about 30 dives on it over the past 18 months. LOVE it. Many people will bang on TUSA regs here but it's somewhat of an elitist attitude many divers have towards TUSA and some of the other companies who release a lot of entry level equipment. Older TUSA models IMO warranted the bad rep but the company really does release some quality stuff now days. This is my 2nd TUSA reg. My 1st was stolen when my home was broken into and my ins company gave me replacement cost. I could have bought a number of other high end brands with the amount of money they gave me for my TUSA RS-240 but I stuck with TUSA. You should also have lifetime maintenance on this unit so it wouldn't cost you a dime to bring it in to a local certified service shop to get it corrected.

ringojcp:
so you're saying that this is normal then, because my wife uses one, a, rs230 and she's happy with it
i just didn't want to think that this is a manufacture's fault that's all

No, I am not saying this is normal....normal is when the DEALER does the proper pre-sale testing and adjusting. This did not happen in your case. Your dealer should have tested your regulator before it was delivered. They can come from the factory improperly adjusted. This is bound to happen on a few regulators out of the thousands they ship. The dealer is supposed to be your protections. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom