Tusa masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsunfish

New
Reaction score
I would like to here opinions, (good or bad) on two of the Tusa masks. The Tusa Visulator (m-14) and Serene (m-16)

I've dove with a Visualator for about 2 years now. You've got to have a bigger face to use it. My buddy doesn't and it would leak on him every time so he gave it to me. I can make it leak if I violently shake my head but under normal use it's pretty dry.

Downward vision is superb. I recently had to use my Aqualung backup mask on a dive and realized how much more restrictive a conventional mask really is. I like the click detents for the vertical strap adjustment also.

If there is a downside, it's that it fogs fairly often, even after using any number of anti-fog gels, saliva, etc. I usually just keep an 1/8" of water in the bottom and swish it around occasionally.

I have used the Serene on about 40 dives and like it alot, I recently bought a Favola from Aqua Lung and am in the process of comparing them. Depending on what you pay for the Serene you will not be disappointed.

I have the clear skirt and it is getting yellow thats why I got the Favola in black skirt.

I have two Visulators. I bought the second as a backup. I agree the view is great and find other masks very restricting. I have no problems with fogging - I use the ready made "defogger". I did clean both with plain toothpaste before use.

-Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom