TUSA Imprex TR-400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dnaber

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Currently building a pony tank and this weekend at a yard sale I ran across a TUSA Imprex TR-400 reg setup, primary, secondary and octo plus gauges. At $20.00 I couldn't pass it up. Took it to a local LDS and we both agree that it looks like it has never seen water. This thing was just plain pristine. The tech said he thinks this may have been a display model that the guy I bought it from got at a good price as and never dived it. Ether way I couldn't pass it.
Now, before I use this reg I will get it serviced. Hopefully we can find a kit for 20+ yo reg. I'm only going to dive warm water (Florida). It is a yoke and I would have preferred a Din, but for now I can handle a Yoke style.

Now my questions... Would this be a good choice for a pony setup or should I sell it and go for a newer model? Is anyone still diving these? What are your thoughts?

Thanks

If you can get it serviced you will have a great reg. Considering the price it is a bargain. They were based on Scubapro design, not sure a Mk5 or Mk10, but probably a Mk5 clone.

UPDATE: I was able to get it serviced (Thanks Diver Supply) Now this weekend I plan to test it. The plan is still to set it up on my pony bottle. Thanks Diverspoint for the reply!!

Back
Top Bottom